Teen Drivers Summer Driving
School is wrapping up for the year, and teen drivers are ready to hit the road this summer.
In a recent article by Denny Jacob, he discusses summer driving risks for teenagers. We thought it would be good to repeat these for you to share with your teens.
- Seat Belt Use – Remind them to wear their seat belts at all times when driving
- Driving Conditions – Make sure your teen knows how to drive in heavy rain, heavily congested areas, fog, and flooding
- Distracted Driving – Keep all electronics out of reach – no texting
- Speeding – Open roads are not conditions for speeding or drag racing
- Driving With Passengers – Focus on the road, not the passengers
- Alcohol Use – Has you teen take the pledge to not drink and drive
- Difficulty Judging Space and Time – Parking and judging length and width of a car can be challenging to a teen and lead to both fender benders and side swiping. Your teen should be comfortable with parallel parking.
Take ten minutes to talk with your teens and prepare them for a safe summer.