5 Homeowners Resolutions For 2019
To assist you in protecting your home in 2019, here are five tips to help prevent a claim.
- Know where your shut-off value is. Make sure that everyone in the household knows where it is and how to shut it off.
- Check your washer/dryer. Worn hoses and built up lint filters are key factors to water and fire damage. Replace worn hoses, and clean out your lint filter not only in the machine but also at the venting outside.
- Go green. Plant trees to help cool your home in the summer and provide a buffer in the winter.
- Consider umbrella insurance. Reinforce your safety net by adding an extra layer of protection for your home, auto and other primary liability coverages with a personal umbrella policy.
- Cut down on hoarding. One of the chief causes of fires is accumulated newspapers, clothing and other flammable items. Take the time to clean out the clutter from your closets, basement, and attic.
- Start 2019 by implementing these tips and add another layer of protection to your home.
Source: Property Casualty 360