New Years Safety Tips
With New Year’s Eve approaching, here are a few things to consider as you get ready to party:
- Plan a ride in advance – whether it be public transportation, ridesharing service, or carpool.
- Car thefts are the second most active holiday for theft. Be sure your car is locked and don’t leave it overnight.
- Plan for your guests’ safety – hire a driver to provide people a way home, arrange ridesharing, or a designated driver.
- Be careful if using fireworks or firearms.
- Make a plan for your kids – set a reasonable curfew, encourage them to stay in one location rather than hopping from party to party.
- Protect your pets from the sounds of fireworks by playing music, using an Adaptil calming collar, ear plugs, medication, or by bringing an outside dog inside to a quiet room.
Follow these tips for a safe evening. Happy New Year!