Keep Safe During This Memorial Day Weekend
Lots going on this weekend; most likely you will have a barbeque and take a dip in the pool. Here are a few things to consider this Memorial Day weekend to keep you and your family safe:
- Pool Safety - Keep an eye on swimmers, especially younger children; never drink alcohol while swimming or supervising swimmers.
- Use Sun Screen - Don’t forget to break out umbrellas to provide shade. Remember, you still are exposed to the sun’s rays so don’t forget to wear a hat and sunglasses and apply sunscreen every two hours.
- Grill Safety - Make sure your grill is clean. Dirty grills cause many injuries. Don’t wear loose clothing and keep items, except the food, away from the flame. After grilling, make sure the coals are out or the propone is turned off.
- Drink Responsibly - If you are driving, don’t drink and drive. Keep your cellphone out of reach. Elect a designated driver or hitch a ride with another attendee.
- Use Caution with Fireworks - Know your local laws regarding fireworks. After lighting fireworks, keep a safe distance. Don’t hold fireworks in your hand after they are lit, and don’t light them in a container of any kind. Only responsible adults should use fireworks, no teenagers.
Review these tips and enjoy and safe holiday weekend.
Source: UPMC Health Beat