Cold Flu Prevention In The Workplace
Flu season is here and flu viruses are often passed from person to person. What can you recommend to your employees to prepare themselves and their workstations from these invisible bugs? Read on.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 15-20 seconds with soap or sanitizer
- After washing, turn off the faucet with a paper towel
- Dry your hands with a clean paper towel
- Use a paper towel to open the bathroom door
- Use hand sanitizer between washing
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, or rubbing your nose.
- Clean shared items such as phones, keyboards, handles and doorknobs with alcohol wipes or other sanitizer-type wipes.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a cold or flu
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, throw the tissue away, wash your hands or use sanitizer
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Get lots of fresh air
- Exercise regularly
- Eat healthy foods - grains, fresh fruits, vegetables
- Don’t smoke and decrease alcohol consumption
Lastly, if you get sick and can do so, stay home to avoid spreading the flu to others.